1. Lord of the Harvest, please send out more laborers into the harvest to reap a harvest of souls through the work of evangelism. Send out dozens of our church members into Murfreesboro to proclaim the gospel on a regular basis. Raise up and send out laborers who will make disciples and plant churches across our nation and around the world. “The harvest is plentiful, but the laborers are few. Therefore pray earnestly to the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into his harvest” (Luke 10:2).
2. Oh Lord, we pray with our brother, the Apostle Paul, “that utterance may be given to us in the opening of our mouths, to make known with boldness the mystery of the gospel” (Ephesians 6:19).
3. As we share the gospel, help the seed of the gospel to fall on good soil. Help the people with whom we share to be receptive, to repent of their sins, and to believe in Jesus. And may the gospel seed that is planted in their lives “grow up and increase and yield thirtyfold and sixtyfold and a hundredfold” (Mark 4:8).
4. We pray specifically for the 5,000+ households within a one mile radius of our church building. We pray that we would see hundreds of people saved within that one mile radius. We pray that you would bless, restore, renew, and save the lives of our “neighbors” who live in close proximity to our church building. Help us to be a blessing to them, to genuinely care for them, and to make disciples of them.
5. We pray that you would not only bless our church with an extraordinary harvest of new disciples, but that you would also bless all the gospel-believing, Jesus-loving, Bible-preaching churches in Murfreesboro with an extraordinary harvest of new disciples. Lord send revival to our city, we pray. Mobilize all the Christians in this city to proclaim the gospel with boldness, with urgency, and with effectiveness. We pray that thousands of Murfreesboro citizens would repent and believe in Jesus in the near future.
6. Lord of the nations, we pray that you would call out many of our church members and send them to other parts of our country and all over the world as missionaries to declare the gospel where people have not heard it. Holy Spirit, set aside many of our brothers and sisters to this work and send them out from us we pray. “While they were worshiping the Lord and fasting, the Holy Spirit said, ‘Set apart for me Barnabas and Saul for the work to which I have called them.’ Then after fasting and praying they laid their hands on them and sent them off” (Acts 13:2-3).
7. Lord, we believe that you “make your appeal through us” as “we implore people on behalf of Christ to be reconciled to God” (2 Corinthians 5:20). So Lord, as we go out as your ambassadors to implore people to believe the gospel, we pray that you would make your appeal through us, and that people would hear your voice in ours.