- Listening to Bible apps read the Bible to me. During feeding times or a walk around the neighborhood pushing the stroller, having the Bible read to me has been a helpful tool.
- Singing God’s word throughout the day. Scripture set to music has a way of lifting our mood and filling our minds with truth.
- Memorize scripture around the dinner table. We have a stack of scripture memory cards sitting on our table so that while we are eating dinner we can memorize new verses or recite some we’ve memorized in the past.
- Read the Bible with our children. Whether it’s a Children’s Bible with our toddler or an adult Bible with our teenager, seeking the Lord with our children has many benefits.
- Praying during car rides. When driving to the grocery store, church, school or doctor appointments we can praise him, thank him, or make our requests known to him. He hears and answers even when we are seeking him on the go.
- Make church a priority. I understand the temptation to sleep in on Sundays, watch church at home, and not have to get everyone up, ready, and out the door for church. God tells us to “not neglect meeting together, as is the habit of some, but encourage one another” (Hebrews 10:25). He has come up with this great idea of the local church where we gather together with other believers weekly for encouragement in the faith. God has set this up to be a channel of grace in your life. Don’t miss this opportunity.
- Be intentional with little pockets of time. Throughout our days we have little pockets of time when we can seek the Lord if we are intentional. The times I have in mind are during our lunch hour at work, while sitting in the school pickup line, waiting on our groceries to be delivered to our cars, watching the kids play outside, waiting on a kid to get out of a sports practice, or sitting in a doctors waiting room. I use these times to listen to Christian podcasts or sermons, read a few pages of a book, or go over scripture memory cards so that I am “setting my mind and heart to seek the Lord” (1 Chronicles 22:19).
I am such a fan of yours, Melisa! I have watched you care for, interact with, discipline and love your children. I see God through you in all these ways! And on top of that, you are always smiling! Keep it up!! I know God will bless you through it all.